The design and construction of this house was featured in 'The Architect & Building News' vol. 210, No. 12, 20 September 1956.
The outer skin of the cavity walls is Bath Stone.
The flooring and joinery is all hardwood except in the kitchen and bathrooms.
Considerations of aspect, view and heat-saving led to the concentration of the double-glazed windows in the south wall which was designed as a single composite frame. This was assembled on the ground and hoisted into position after completion of the walls, first floor and roof.
The house was built in two years at a cost of £10,412.